If Kyte (news, site) was looking to become a video platform to reckon with when it upgraded in January, then the announcement that it has extended cross-platform support to bring social video to Facebook (news, site) should help it down that road very nicely.
The upgrades that it has just announced include the Kyte Facebook Application Framework that will give companies easier access to Facebook audiences by enabling them create fully-branded interactive videos on Facebook.
Along with the Application Framework, it has also included support for the new Facebook plug-ins with optional inclusion of the ‘Like’ button and ‘Recommendations’ button on their pages.
Video Viral Marketing
Kyte hopes that by doing so they will be able to offer clients full support for video-based viral marketing by allowing audiences share video with the simple click of a button.
With this in mind, Kyte has included three different ways of sharing video content:
- Fan Page Integration: By integrating a publisher’s Facebook Fan page, users are notified when new videos have been updated with videos played out on branded pages.
- Feed Notifications: Fans are automatically notified of new videos through news feeds and have the option of playing them there or on branded pages.
- Branded Canvas Pages: Canvas pages that work as branded pages for a publisher’s content and come with chat, live video sharing and user’s comments.
Companies can also add social and interactive capabilities to video content and distribute that content to mobile, social and emerging devices.
Kyte Console 2.0
Following the revamp, Kyte offered:
- Improved User Experience and Workflow: Usability and workflow enhancements make it easier than ever to accomplish routine and complex tasks.
- Manual and Smart Playlists: Manually group shows into playlists or automate the process by creating smart playlists based on custom criteria, such as newest, or most popular shows.
- Channel & Player Management: Configure your channels, including engagement capabilities and deliver through a wide range of standard or custom online and mobile players.
- Editorial Workflow and User Roles: Assign functional user roles and enable editorial workflows to streamline processes and allow team members to focus on their core tasks.
- Audio Shows with Slideshow: Audio shows can be created with an accompanying slideshow, enabling the distribution of audio content while displaying related pictures
At the time of the upgrade Kyte's had just extended their mobile application framework to the iPhone, Blackberry, Android and Nokia platforms. With Facebook support they have extend their reach again. Online video is a tough, tough market with competition from the likes of Kaltura (news, site) making things tougher by the day (upgrade!). Watch this space to see how quickly Kyte extends again!