If you were unable to attend BlogHer's conference in San Francisco last week, never fear. BlogHer, the community for women who blog, have announced that they are taking the show on the road in a spectacle called the Reach Out Tour 2008.
They will be condensing their annual event into six one-day extravaganzas in Boston, DC, Nashville, Greensboro, Atlanta and New Orleans. BlogHer will focus on topics that seem to resonate strongest in each city and look for your local bloggers to lead the discussions. The one-day conference will also feature a broad range of topics and speakers, cocktail parties for networking and socializing, and a little bit of local flavor.
Local Experts Wanted
Though you can register to attend each and every one of the events, BlogHer is also looking for local experts in each city who want to pass along their hard-won expertise to their fellow bloggers.
For those new to the blogosphere, a Blogging Basics track is available. Each participant will receive instructions beforehand so that they can set up their own blog in time. This track will be comprised of the same three sessions in each city, but local bloggers will make up the staff for those sessions.
If you think you could help lead one of the following sessions, email email@example.com. Sessions in this track include:
* I Blog, Therefore I Am ________, Figuring Out Your Blogging Mojo
* 6 Steps to Personalize, Polish & Promote Your Blog
* Managing Information Overload
Reach Out and BlogHer!
BlogHer will be coming into town on the following dates:
* Boston Marriott Burlington in Boston, MA on October 11, 2008
* Hyatt Regency Bethesda in Washington, DC on October 13, 2008
* Willis Conference Center in Nashville, TN on October 16, 2008
* North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC on October 18, 2008
* Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center in Atlanta, GA on October 21, 2008
* Hampton in Hotels & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center in New Orleans, LA on October 25, 2008
Registration is US$ 100 for each event. What are you waiting for? Register today!