Consumer-targeted aggregation platform, Seesmic, and enterprise-friendly Yammer, have decided to work together on the collaboration front. This week the two companies announced a plugin that brings Yammer's collaboration tool to Seesmic's desktop social media application.
The integration aims to make Yammer a more appealing option for organizations that also utilize social media outlets. For Seesmic, adding a business element and internal collaboration options will certainly differentiate the product from other dashboard tools.
Here's a breakdown of the perks:
- View their Yammer feed, including replies, direct messages, sent messages, liked items, bookmarked items and RSS feeds.
- Post new messages to Yammer, or cross-post to other services such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Search Yammer for keywords or phrases.
- Reply to, like or bookmark messages.
- View user profiles, including a user's past messages.
- Update their Yammer profile.
Seesmic users can download the plugin from the Seesmic Desktop app marketplace as of today (though the web client and various mobile clients do not yet have Yammer support).
Equal Opportunity Platform
Seesmic has also been dabbling in Yammer's competition- the company received a US$ 4 million investment from Salesforce.com and Softbank just last month. Further, Seesmic began integrating Salesforce's Yammer equivalent, Chatter, late last year and recently announced a public beta.
Consider Seesmic's support of popular social networks such as Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn and Twitter, and it seems the company is looking to become an an end-all-be-all solution for its users. If you're a part of that audience, let us know what you think.
Alternatively, check out the plugin here.