Corporate social networking provider Socialcast has released a number of enhancements to its SaaS-based social networking solution. Enhancements designed to capture employee knowledge and share it with everyone.
They've been around since 2005, but this is the first time we've covered the California based company. Their SaaS offering is a private white label social networking solution that combines the traditional corporate Intranet with social networking. They were at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference in Boston, so you might have seen them there demoing their solution.
Functionality currently provided includes:
* User Profiles - of course
* Ideas - Contribute and vote on creative ideas
* Groups - Join a group with similar interests or knowledge
* Questions - Ask topic-specific questions
* Pages - Similar to a wiki or a small website
* News - Including bulletins and announcements
* Reputation Points - Rank users by their contribution
* Compliments - It's like kudos or slapping 'em on the back saying "good job" Socialcast Home page
There are several enhancements to the social networking solution:
Mini User Profiles
This is a subset of a user profile showing things such as:
* Name and latest status
* Links to external services
* Co-workers contacts
The worklog feature sounds like something a project manager would love. It enables users to track their tasks and project steps publicly in a micro-blogging format.
Even if not logged into the Socialcast network, employees can use the bookmarklet tool to share status updates and website links while browsing the internet.
Suggested Company Directory
If you want to know who shares your interests, you can locate them using the suggested company directory features. It will find other employees with common interests based on community contributions and interactions.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.