New York-based FeedRoom (news, site) has just launched a ‘lite’ version of its SaaS Enterprise Video Platform v4.0(EVP) demonstrating the competition that exists in the market to provide enterprises with video as a marketing tool.
The new product -- Enterprise Communication Channel Package -- is based on the FeedRoom 4.0 EVP, and gives user’s access to a number of different a lightweight, user-customizable video players.
Managed through The FeedRoom’s Studio interface, it enables users to manage and publish video content with straight-forward menu commands, easy-to-navigate screen displays, drag and drop functionality and a powerful search tool.
Built On EVP4.0 Features
Like the SaaS version of EVP4.0, this latest offering is based on The FeedRoom’ flagship video content management platform EVP4.
The FeedRoom EVP4.0 interface
So just to refresh ourselves -- when it was launched last year EVP gave us:
- FeedRoom ContentCore, built utilizing a Web services API, providing users with a scalable, extensible, flexible and centralized content repository for managing video content that integrates with existing enterprise content management solutions.
- A dashboard called FeedRoom Studio that guides users through the video publishing process within an Adobe Flex powered experience that is both flexible and intuitive.
- Simple Upload through an easy interface, API and infrastructure enabling users to upload their content to any website supporting this functionality.
- PlayerBuilder, enabling the creation of video players.
- Backwards compatibility that ensures it is able to support previous FeedRoom solutions and allows customers to migrate to the new platform without difficulty.
Since then, the SaaS version was released, which came with many of these features and in itself was a substantive product.
The FeedRoom EVP4.0 workflow
However, the market has become increasingly price competitive with Kaltura launching a Community Edition of its self-hosted online video platform that is free and open to everyone.
Video For Enterprise
There is no indication of what the new new Enterprise Communication Channel Package is going to cost, but the company describes it as an “affordable” solution -- how relative is that? -- that combines the easy-to-use publishing, distribution and measurement capabilities of FeedRoom Studio with integrated live and on-demand Web video.
The bottom line is that it provides user-customizable video players with FeedRoom Studio, which together provide:
- Easy video upload with transcode and podcast extraction
- Simple interface for publishing video enterprise-wide
- Video-share abilities to blogs and websites
- A number of different player templates
- Syndication using XML and RSS feeds
- Reporting abilities to identify audience and time viewed
If you’re not looking for a full video management system, this might well be worth a look. It is already available and ready to go.