Official late yesterday, Google has acquired PostRank, the leading social engagement analytics firm. The acquisition is a smart one. It boosts Google's social intelligence credentials and stands to bolster both Google Analytics and Google Reader. We hope they make good use of what was an innovative company.
Social business is our main course this month and on that note Alterian updated its Social Media Monitoring platform and Toby Ward analyzed the business case for a social intranet. Separately, Autonomy got its DoD 5015.2 records management certification and Oracle set OpenOffice free.
Our first Tweet Jam is coming. Join CMSWire on Wednesday, June 8th at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 19:00 GMT for a Twitter-based chat about the Role of Communities in Social Business (details here).
- Apple Confirms iCloud, But What Exactly Is It?
- Drupal Commons 1.6 Released, Boosts Collaboration, Eases Management
- 5 Great Skype Alternatives
- Microsoft's 'Windows 8' Unveiled; A Whole New Windows World
- Google, Microsoft & Yahoo Sitting in a Tree, Standardizing Microdata
- The Business Case for a Social Intranet
- Content Strategy: 5 Essentials for Governance Success
- Enterprise CMS vs Business Process Management: Do You Need One Platform, or Both?
- What Exactly Is 'Open Cloud'? Microsoft, Apache Answer Differently
- Forrester Report Says E-mail Marketing Vibrant, Despite Well-Worn Practices
Around the Web
- Poor online experience costing business billions
- Where is your company on the social maturity scale?
- Microsoft's Christian Finn Shares 'The 7 Habits of Highly Successful SharePoint Customers'
- The Path Of Social Media Enlightenment
- How Facebook Can Put Google Out of Business
Featured Events (all events | post an event)
- Jun 08, 2011 -- DAM NY 2011 Conference
- Jun 08, 2011 -- CMSWire Tweet Jam (June 8th): The Role of Communities in Social Business #SoBizChat
- Jun 16, 2011 -- eZ Systems Conference & Awards 2011 (London)
- Jun 20, 2011 -- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Building Social Business (Boston)
- Jun 23, 2011 – (Webinar) How to Build and Deploy a Global Intranet with Liferay Portal
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Product Manager at Facebook
- Director of Field Marketing at Acquia
- Director - Business Intelligence/Analytics at Freshbooks
- Director, Content Management Initiatives at NBC Universal
- Partner Manager at Elcom