Microsoft has become the dominant vendor for creating and managing documents via its dual SharePoint and Office products -- but with tools like the iPad shifting how we work Joe Shepley asks: Are SharePoint's days numbered?
Google-wise, yes there's been the Google+ buzz, but the company also previewed a new interface for Google Apps and announced its profiles are all going public. But its competitors aren't sitting idle -- Facebook integrated Skype for video chat.
In other news, WordPress 3.2 arrived dropping support for IE6, Sitecore added print media to its customer engagement platform, the IKS consortium explored semantic intelligence for content management and Microsoft paid a client $250K to switch to Office 365.
A key social business article this week came from Dion Hinchcliffe. Have a read of 7 lessons learned about social business. We also looked at 3 ways to get buy in for your content strategy and examined how to gain competitive advantage with adaptive case management.
- 7 Lessons Learned on Social Business
- 5 Great Skype Alternatives
- Toppling a Giant: SharePoint 2010, the iPad & Social Business Software
- IKS Means Semantic Intelligence for Content Management, But Will it Survive?
- Google Analytics Now Tracks Social Engagement
- 3 Reasons Why Organizations Need to Increase Transparency
- Microsoft Releases Office, SharePoint SP1, Offers Chrome Support
- Sitecore Adds Print Media to Customer Engagement Platform via Acquisition
- Facebook's Answer to Google+: More Chat
- Choosing the Right Social Technology Vendors
Around the Web
- Social Networks: Many Friends Isn't Always More Valuable
- The impact of social media on IT
- Folders, A Nutritious Part of Your Content Management Diet
- Goodbye e-commerce, hello 'customer interaction'
- Ten ways to create a knowledge ecology
Featured Events (all events | post an event)
- Jul 20, 2011 -- (Webinar) Best Practices for Mobile Enabling Your Website
- Aug 23, 2011 -- UX Week 2011 - San Francisco
- Sep 12, 2011 -- Semphonic X Change 2011 Web Analytics Conference
- Sep 13, 2011 -- Enterprise Tomorrow Conference - San Francisco 2011
- Sep 26, 2011 -- The Big Social 2011
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Blogger Evangelist at Shutterstock
- Business Unit Manager -- SurveyMonkey
- Sr. Product Manager - Mobile at WhaleShark Media
- Webmaster at Jive Software
- SocialFlow Product Engineer at SocialFlow