Welcome to the July 2011 installment of our what's coming from the open source projects in the next month. If you feel that your project was left out, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a project representative added to the list of people we contact for updates.
- A new, more complete site template
- An updated administration module
- A new pages administration interface
- Tight integration with the DotNetNuke Store
- A core platform re-written in C#
- A new e-commerce module
- Built-in integration with cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure
- Securely publish Microsoft Office files managed through SharePoint to external sites
The company also opened European Headquarters offices in Amsterdam. In 2010. 15% of its revenue, more than 35% of its web traffic, and close to 40% of its users were in Europe.
In July, the Drupal Association announced it's seeking nine candidates for its Board of Directors. As Drupal (news, site) founder Dries Buytaert states, "The Board of Directors establishes policy, hires and manages an executive director, reviews and approves the budget and financial reports, and participates in fundraising."
Buytaert also says that it's working on a refresh of its organizational structure, to follow in the footsteps on what other nonprofits are doing.
- Native support for changing content types on the fly
- CMIS support
- Tomcat 6, Cargo and JRebel support
- Automatic exporting of developer configurations
- Spring MVC support
For those who've used Hippo CMS 7.5, here's a video explaining what's new for developers:
- One-click version updating
- Pre-defined search options
- Automatic form data validation
- Automatic article categories
- Improved multi-lingual support
- Architectural decoupling
It's also coming close to 25 million downloads, and has a couple of big, local events featuring speakers and training coming up in August:
In July, the folks at Magnolia CMS (news, site) released two modules. Synchronization enables large scale, selective content activation, which lets you restore large portions of content in an emergency. Backup ensures correct replication of all of your Magnolia site's data.
- Flag any page or content instance as Web Only, Mobile Only, or All
- Mobile-specific skins
- A link that lets mobile visitors toggle between mobile and regular browser views
- Updated CKeditor and Tiny MCE
- Support for Google Plus buttons in the blog
There were also some translation updates and some bug fixes. On top of that, it released an add-on product, Mobile Kit Pro 1.0. This kit provides "a custom menu control designed specifically for mobile use" and a "ready to go mobile-optimized skin that site owners can just drop in to immediately provide a mobile-friendly experience."
In June, the folks at Nuxeo (news, site) released Nuxeo Case Management Framework 1.7 and Nuxeo Studeo 2.1. It also joined the Canonical Partner Program and opened registration for Nuxeo World coming up in October, including a preliminary agenda.
New features in Nuxeo Studio 2.1 include:
- Project validation
- Component renaming everywhere the component appears
- A template library
- Improved ergonomics around navigation and usability
- More user action placeholders
- Filters for content views in conjunction with Nuxeo Document Management 5.4.2
- Domain-level configuration with advanced search form and themes
- Hot reload
- New operations and widgets
In July, the folks at OpenWGA (news, site) took community feedback on its content module experiment to heart. Such modules are "now an integral part of OpenWGA instead of a separate installable plugin."
OpenWGA 5.4, its latest release, included a few new modules:
- Custom forms with field types, captchas and optional validations
- Surveys that display an animated bar chart for the results
- Overlays to present information in a modal popup window
Other new features include:
- Intelligent paste processing that removes formatting the OpenWGA rich text editor doesn't understand
- Reader access inheritance through the site's structure
- New ways to customize OpenWGA applications
- Integration of the new plugin store in the OpenWGA 5.4 Admin Client.
Gain access to the OpenWGA Plugin Store from the OpenWGA 5.4 Admin Client
In July, the folks at OpenWorkdesk released OpenWorkdesk Community Edition version 3.2 sprint 6. This is the first public release of version 3.2. Release 184.108.40.206 will offer:
- Ability for users to filter the hit lists in Browse and eFile management
- A switch to the Eclipse (news, site) environment
- Ability for administrators to change AJAX component look and feel
- Ability for administrators to use the Configurator to select the edition whose features should be available
- Improved CMIS security handler connects with CMIS-compliant repositories from Alfresco, EMC Documentum, IBM FileNet P8 5.0 and CM 7.4, Nuxeo and OpenText
- Improved AJAX stability and performance
- Support for Alfresco Community Edition 3.4.d (Community Edition)
- A new email plugin for attachments and links (Pro and Enterprise Edition)
- A new JRE 1.6 Update 22 (and higher) drag and drop applet (Pro and Enterprise Edition)
- Single sign-on (SSO) for IBM CM8 (Enterprise Edition)
- Administrator-definable properties displayed as system properties (Enterprise Edition)
- A new Workspace feature with a Facebook-like wall, including Comment and Like functionality
- A lightweight blog and wiki
- User profiles
- Workspace membership
- An improved backup tool
- A new webpart framework
- Device-aware applications for mobile development
The new Sense/Net Facebook-like wall
Coming in August, the folks at Squiz (news, site) are holding its Squiz and Funnelback International User Conference in Sydney, Australia. From August 31 through September 2, the conference has different focuses for different days: Day 1 focuses on Squiz user stories, Day 2 focuses on training and Day 3 focuses on Funnelback Internet & Enterprise Search.
Expect Squiz Matrix version 4.4.1 on August 1. New features include:
- Prints the ID of the asset being rejected in Workflow
- Makes sure the Snippet content type displays the Snippet's raw HTML, and that keywords aren't replaced
- Imports files with permissions inherited depending on the File Bridge they're imported under
- Provides more capacity and redundancy to the DPS Payment Gateway, and improves transaction speed
- Allows specifying whether to remove future lineage cron jobs of type Create, Delete or both
- A refreshed dashboard design
- The new HMTL 5 Twenty Eleven default theme
- A redesigned post editor
- Performance streamlining
- UI improvements
- A new approach to WordPress updates
Later in the month, the project released WordPress 3.2.1, which offers bug fixes.