Open source Enterprise CMS vendor Alfresco has announced their latest platform update and some exciting new packaging.
Alfresco 2.0 provides users with integrated repositories, search across multiple repositories as well as the Internet, and enables simple applications to take advantage of access to multiple repositories.
This newest offering from Alfresco is poised to deliver “simple, standards-based, distributed search encompassing not only multiple Alfresco repositories but the Internet as well. Complementing that capability is the company's content solution packaging mechanism, Alfresco Module Packaging (AMP). Alfresco 2.0 also delivers an integrated content platform with the production release of Web Content Management and AMP-enabled Records Management.”
- Open search—standards-based search across multiple Alfresco content repositories and other RSS or Atom repositories including blogs and wikis;
- Web content management production release—simple and rapid import of existing Web sites with support for any content authoring or Web development tool;
- Alfresco Module Packaging (AMP)—complete content solutions to share globally across all repositories, includes code, content model, content and folder structures; and
- AMP-enabled records management—develop and consistently distribute records management policies according to corporate rules through AMP.
- 5 Tech Trends We'll See More of in 2014
- The Future of Collaboration Isn't What It Used to Be
- SharePoint Conference Keynote: Releases and Roadmap #SPC14
- The Fall of Collaboration, The Rise of Cooperation
- Who Leads the Big Data Market? (Probably Not Who You Think)
- If You Dress SharePoint Differently, Is it Easier to Use? #SPC14
- Navigating the Microsoft Forms Roadmap #SPC14