Open source Enterprise CMS vendor Alfresco has announced their latest platform update and some exciting new packaging.
Alfresco 2.0 provides users with integrated repositories, search across multiple repositories as well as the Internet, and enables simple applications to take advantage of access to multiple repositories.
This newest offering from Alfresco is poised to deliver “simple, standards-based, distributed search encompassing not only multiple Alfresco repositories but the Internet as well. Complementing that capability is the company's content solution packaging mechanism, Alfresco Module Packaging (AMP). Alfresco 2.0 also delivers an integrated content platform with the production release of Web Content Management and AMP-enabled Records Management.”
- Open search—standards-based search across multiple Alfresco content repositories and other RSS or Atom repositories including blogs and wikis;
- Web content management production release—simple and rapid import of existing Web sites with support for any content authoring or Web development tool;
- Alfresco Module Packaging (AMP)—complete content solutions to share globally across all repositories, includes code, content model, content and folder structures; and
- AMP-enabled records management—develop and consistently distribute records management policies according to corporate rules through AMP.
- Endangered Species: The Corporate Intranet
- Discussion Point: Why Would You Buy a Proprietary CMS?
- Beware Red Herrings: Intranet vs. ESN is a Sham
- Microsoft's New BI Tool Plays Nice, Even With 3rd Party Vendors
- Microsoft Shops Again: Buys LiveLoop, an Office Collaboration Start-Up
- Are These Vendors the Best at Social Media Monitoring?
- Big Data Gets Big Money for Big Reasons