ClearStory Systems a provider of enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, has announced the release of Radiant MailManager, an email archiving solution providing complete lifecycle, compliance, and storage management for corporate e-mail.
Structured email management allows organizaitons to meet corporate governance requirements and helps to develop email as a more accessible and useful information asset.For enterprises, email has become a primary means of corporate correspondence and an important "knowledge asset." With the typical corporate user sending and receiving nearly 25,000 messages per year, companies face the challenge of storing and archiving a large and growing volume of email, as well as making messages accessible to a broad range of users within the enterprise.
"Continued growth in the volume of corporate e-mail correspondence and new rules, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, have created an enormous IT and storage challenge for enterprises," said Henry F. Nelson, ClearStory President and CEO.
Radiant MailManager's key features include:
- Comprehensive capture and indexing -- Radiant MailManager is a fully automated archiving solution that captures all inbound, outbound, and internal e-mail, and automatically categorizes messages based on content, attachments, and header information. For highly accurate review, Radiant MailManager offers sophisticated full-text indexing and search with training-based analytics, which refines categorization over time.
- Easy retrieval -- Radiant MailManager is fully integrated with Microsoft Outlook(R). Users search and retrieve e-mail with a familiar look and feel.
- Effective sampling and review -- A robust review module scans e-mails based on message and attachment content, context, and combinations of key terms and words. Policy violations are quickly identified and resolved because illicit messages are automatically flagged for management review.
- Powerful storage management -- Radiant MailManager offers single-instance storage, manages attachments, and provides automated storage management, supporting hierarchical storage management (HSM).
- Policy-based lifecycle management -- Radiant MailManager provides companies with total control over retention, and complete lifecycle management is assured. Policy rules are automatically applied for retention scheduling, so no user intervention is required.
Radiant MailManager features easy administration, with highly configurable rules for policy and category management. Because it is fully integrated with Microsoft Outlook, and is easy to deploy and use, the solution requires minimal IT support.