Accreditation comes after participation in the Designed for EMC process, which helps ISVs, VSPs and SIs design, develop and market successful offerings based on the EMC Documentum platform.
Designed For EMC
The result of this accreditation is that CloudView can provide indexing and searching capabilities across Documentum databases. But how do you get to this point? To achieve the 'Designed for EMC' accreditation companies submitting projects are assessed on:
- Offering Completeness
- Quality Assurance
As part of the process, they have access to early product roadmap information and specific product release information sharing. These ‘partner’ companies become aligned with EMC in a way that ensures that they are better able to provide quality products and solutions to customers.
Partners can also take advantage of EMC's application design expertise, participate in design workshops and interact with EMC’s architects.
The products are evaluated on their offering against a comprehensive set of criteria and must meet 50 criteria across:
- Data and configuration management
- Development and customization
- Installation upgrade and removal
- Performance and scalability
- Supportability and maintainability
And this is the process that Exalead has just completed.
Enterprise And Web Search
Founded in 2000, Exalead is a provider of enterprise and web search solutions. The company launched the CloudView product line last November. The CloudvVew suite includes CloudView OEM , CloudView Search and CloudView 360 all of which come with features including:
- A fully distributed architecture
- Business level tuning and management
- Full traceability
- WYSIWYG configuration of indexing and search workflows
- Provision for additional 3rd party connectors
All three different edition play to different strengths:
- CloudView 360 Edition transforms disparate pieces of corporate data into contextualized building blocks of information that provides rich 360° views of data.
- CloudView Search Edition is a rapidly-deployed enterprise search engine that provides unified, contextual access to unstructured and structured data both inside and outside the firewall.
- CloudView OEM is designed for ISVs that need a high-performance, scalable and context-based embedded search solution.
If you are interested in learning more about this search product, other accredited solutions or any other EMC products, mark your calendars for the Momentum in Athens09, which takes place November 9-12.