It's still early in the new year and the folks at Content Management Professionals are starting things off with a fresh batch of talent for their Board of Directors. The CM Pros Election Oversight Committee has announced the results for the 2008-2009 Board of Directors elections.CM Pros define themselves as a collaborative community of practice advancing the field of content management. Its members come from a variety of disciplines, but they share a common passion for all things content management.
The new directors were nominated and elected by members in an open process.
A little bit about them:
* Joerg Dennis Krueger is the Managing Director and vendor-independent consultant and analyst with Cara Europe Ltd in Germany. He is committed to expanding the CM Pros community in Europe.
* Tony Pietrocola is President and Co-founder of Tenth Floor Interactive. With more than 10 years in the content management industry, his goal is to market and expand the recognition of CM Pros.
* Paul Trotter is the founder and CEO of Author-it. Hailing from New Zealand, Paul has worked with content management for the past 12 years and plans to use his practical experience to champion CM Pros member benefits.
* Andrew Wilcox is president and founder of Everage Consulting. Based in Canada, he has served as Technology Manager for CM Pros and plans to pursue the technology initiatives currently in process.
* Barry Schaeffer is president of X.Systems.Inc. He focuses on handling the organizational impacts of information technology changes and is dedicated to developing a body of CM Pros knowledge.
Erik Hartman, Elections Committee member and former CM Pros President comments, "In an election process that brought to CM Pros ten highly-credentialed content management professionals, we are delighted that these four individuals will help shape the organization's future. We extend our appreciation to the six other nominees, each of whom would have made invaluable contributions to the organization, for having been part of this exciting process."
CM Pros are now planning their annual Spring Summit which will take place in San Francisco. Visit their website to suggest a summit theme and to read more about their new board members.