Refresh Software has just released an updated version of its proprietary component content management offering.
Woven together by DITA, XML and web publishing experts, SR2 7.1 utilizes an SOA-based J2EE content repository. It installs directly into the IT back-end and sports a simple interface for front-end users.
* Automates the development of technical documentation
* Makes it easy to author content on a hosted interface, or via Microsoft Word
* Enables XML content publishing across the Web, or on intranets, internet, RSS and portals
* Deploys DITA-based content architecture for topic-related authoring and content repurposing
* Supports any programming language using Web services or SQL, including .NET and Java
The updated offering also supports data migration, hot deploy external triggers, back-end search, and -- for the aesthetes -- customized WYSIWYG buttons.