Hippo and Jetspeed: It's Mutual
Hippo is quite known for its commitment to the open source industry and the Apache Software Foundation, so the news doesn’t come as a surprise. For Hippo, the benefit of working with Jetspeed is quite obvious.
Background on Apache Jetspeed
Apache Jetspeed is an open source Enterprise Information Portal. Individual portlets Jetspeed portal can be combined to create a page, where each portlet is an independent application. Jetspeed only facilitates management and delivery of data from multiple sources.
- Security based on standards, ACLs
- Single Point of Entry (SSO, federated)
- Personalization (customizers, skins)
Overall, Jetspeed is one of the solutions on the portals market, if your requirements include enterprise application integration with various integration points, dynamic web components (such as portlets) and scalable architecture.
What's the Value in Hippo Using Jetspeed?
While the news is good for Hippo, we wonder what will Hippo customers get out of this new offering?
Jetspeed 2.2+Hippo Features
- Portlet API 2.0 support and compliance, built on Pluto 2.0
- New pluggable and extensible security model with LDAP
- Integration support for popular web development frameworks (Wicket, Spring MVC, Struts and JSF)
- Interportlet communication through standards-based eventing and shared state management
- Improved usability with new administrative portlets and new skins
- Customizable portal project templates with Maven-2 support
- Improved documentation
Hippo and Jahia (Together and Apart) Under Jetspeed Covers
Hippo is not alone in the Jetspeed ecosphere from the commercial open source standpoint.
- Will BlackBerry Once Again be King of Mobility?
- Adobe: IBM's Silverpop Deal Could Trigger 'Nightmare'
- The SharePoint Information Governance Problem
- Why Microsoft's Reign Will Continue
- It's Official: Forrester Says Campaign Marketing Is Dead
- 3 Ways Social Media is Changing Online Content
- Is Marketo the Next Acquisition Target?