Hummingbird Ltd., a provider of integrated enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, today announced that Hummingbird Enterprise will provide out-of-the-box integration with Lotus Notes for advanced e-mail and business content management. Hummingbird Enterprise also provides comprehensive end-to-end matter lifecycle management integration with standard e-mail authoring tools including Microsoft Outlook and Novell GroupWise.According to analyst estimates, over 35% of mission-critical business content is received via e-mail and stored within e-mail repositories, such as Lotus Notes. The result is the inability of the organization to control and manage the lifecycle of the business content, both for knowledge retention as well as risk mitigation purposes.
With the new Hummingbird Enterprise Lotus Notes Integration Module, organizations will be able to:
- Manage all critical business content and correspondence in a simple, intuitive and familiar way from within the Lotus Notes interface;
- Declare Notes content as records, empowering the organization to enforce retention and disposition rules for risk management and corporate compliance;
- Automatically profile correspondence in the Hummingbird Enterprise repository with a simple drag-and-drop, providing enterprises with the ability to manage their Notes content together with the rest of the enterprise knowledge;
- Attach documents or references to documents within the Hummingbird Enterprise repository to an e-mail message ensuring Lotus Notes users always have access to the appropriate version of the business document;
- Achieve productivity gains as users work with all business content from within the familiar Lotus Notes environment, requiring minimal training.
For Lotus Notes environments, Hummingbird Enterprise already provides the following functionality:
- The ability to conduct single, unified searches across multiple enterprise information sources including Lotus Notes e-mail and databases;
- Seamless access and interaction with Lotus Notes from within a portal framework;
- The ability to access Lotus Notes e-mail on mobile devices including BlackBerry(R), Windows Mobile(TM) Pocket PC and Palm-based devices.
"E-mail volume is increasing with inescapable velocity, challenging the abilities of many organizations to capture critical business content for knowledge preservation and records retention purposes," said Andrew Pery, chief marketing officer and senior vice president, Hummingbird Ltd. "With the Hummingbird Enterprise Lotus Notes Integration Module, Hummingbird will be delivering unequaled functionality to unlock valuable enterprise content that resides in Lotus Notes."
The Hummingbird Enterprise Lotus Notes Integration Module is expected to be available in Q1, 2005.