Well known for its QuickBooks accounting software, Intuit has introduced functionality that will make its software even better for your business by offering Intuit Document Management System for QuickBooks. Intuit Document Management System (DMS) enables users to store their documents electronically and access them through their QuickBooks software.
There's a one time import of client, employee and vendor lists from QuickBooks into the DMS. Once done, accountants can easily scan and store documents directly into folders for specific clients, vendors or employees in one step -- whether it's a scanner, saved from a Microsoft Office program or emailed via Outlook. Accountants can even email files directly from the DMS to clients. Intuit DMS
The DMS appears to have most of the standard document management capabilities including the following functionality:
* Storing all client, vendor and employee information electronically
* Password protect folders and the DMS database itself
* Set-up user-rights for folders and files
* Secure emailed documents using password protection capability
* Maintain historical records
* Backup and archive documents for offline storage Password Protect Emailed Documents
The Intuit DMS is currently only available in North America as a single office license. It's priced at US$ 299.00 per license - a limited time offer they say. However, it's probably not too far into the future that you will see it available internationally.
This move by Intuit seems pretty smart. Documents and emails are a huge component of accounting and having a document management system integrated like this should help Intuit sell that many more copies of its QuickBooks software.