Big time Japan-based software vendor JustSystems is working hard to get everyone on the same page. Their latest release, XMetaL Author Essential, lets content creators generate content that can easily be repurposed into different languages and formats for multi-channel publishing.
Really, It's For Everyone
With not just different languages in mind but different levels of tech savvy as well, JustSystems enables their partners and customers to combine XMetaL Author Essential with the content management and publishing system of their choice.
The result is a solution that can be used by writers and reviewers even without XML knowledge. Additionally, XMetaL Author Essential can be customized for use with any DTD or Schema.
“XMetaL helps organizations get to market faster with information products by bringing structure to managing high volumes of valuable content,” said Aaron Deitcher, vice president of North America and EMEA for JustSystems. “XMetaL Author Essential extends those advantages to our European partners, who are looking for best-of-breed XML authoring software to integrate with the solutions they are bringing to market, as well as large enterprise customers that want to customize and integrate their in-house systems.”
Some of XMetaL Author Essential highlights include:
- Ensures the validity of XML documents, keeping authors focused on creating value-added content
- Provides flexible interface and multiple views, allowing authors to work in a simplified, word processor-like environment, while providing power users access to all aspects of a document’s structure and code
- Allows authors to create reusable content, improving the consistency and quality of deliverables, while reducing translation costs
- Accelerates custom integrations with high-level APIs that support both open source and commercial systems
- Optimizes the entire user experience and ensures high adoption with configuration options that meet specific needs of content creators and unique workflows
JustSystems acknowledges the importance of reciprocity in the tech-verse, and makes this obvious through the support for industry standards and interoperability with enterprise applications. And for those that are no good with change, the company claims XMetaL Author Essential ensures a familiar work environment and avoids costly, locked-in proprietary technologies by utilizing standard programming languages, development environments, style sheets, access protocols and all major XML specifications. Comfort of the familiar plus a lower expenditure of cash? This may be something you want to check out.