KnowledgeLake Inc., a provider of Enterprise Content Management solutions for SharePoint products and technologies, has announced Capture Server 2008. Capture Server 2008 is part of KnowledgeLake's Capture Suite and provides an end-to-end solution that lets organizations convert paper documents into electronic data using any appropriate device from any location.KnowledgeLake is a Microsoft Gold Certified Independent Software Vendor (ISV) that provides document capture and imaging products that integrate with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
They provide out-of-the-box, customizable solutions that enable users to scan documents directly into the SharePoint document repository using a familiar interface which mirrors that of the Microsoft Office 2007 system.
"Capture Server 2008 offers tight integration with SharePoint to enable enterprises to finally implement a complete capture solution around the leading ECM platform," said Chris Caplinger, CTO of KnowledgeLake. "With this KnowledgeLake product, information workers from the remote office to the mail room can convert paper documents to digital content inside any SharePoint implementation."
Capture Server 2008 brings in some major improvements in scalability, usability and flexibility that should help KnowledgeLake customers benefit in using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server for transactional content management.
Key features of Capture Server 2008 include:
* Windows Communication Foundation based architecture improves security and interoperability
* Parallel processing with load-balanced server farms for increased performance and scalability
* AJAX enabled monitor provides a dashboard for administrators to manage the entire system
* Server-based processing for resource-intensive activities like image cleanup, OCR, document format conversion, etc.
* Browser-based Web Capture/Index simplifies the provisioning of distributed document capture
* Integration with SharePoint eases the configuration and validation of metadata
* Output to most document types including TIFF, Searchable PDF and XPS
* Control remote office scanning bandwidth and service availability
* Automatic and manual indexing using OCR, barcodes and line of business applications Head over to KnowledgeLake for more information.
CMSWire is a leading, native digital publication produced by Simpler Media Group, Inc. We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 450+ authoritative articles per quarter for our 750,000 community members. Join us as a subscriber.