We've been all over it for the last couple of days now, this new proposed Content Management Specification. But do you really understand what it's all about and what it could mean to you? EMC wants to be sure you do, so they are having a live Webcast on Thursday, September 18, 2008 and you are invited.
Here's the skinny on this live event: What: The New Standard that Brings Exceptional Flexibility to Enterprise Content Management When: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:00-11:00 am PT (1:00-2:00 pm ET) Where: Online Event Cost: Free
You can register with an email address and the click of a button.
Why Should You Attend this Webcast?
EMC is one of the three primary Enterprise CMS vendors who developed the Content Management Interoperability Specification (CMIS), so they should know just a little bit about it.
The webcast will provide the following information:
* Understand how you can access content that exist in multiple repositories
* Reduce the amount of custom coding currently necessary to access multiple repositories
* How the new specification helps speed up development and deployment
* Build your own applications that can run on one or more different content management systems
* Improve end user access
* Increase the marketability of your applications
It sounds like this webcast is not just about how the CMIS specification affects EMC customers directly, but also how you as a third party application or tool provider can take advantage of it to develop and sell your own cross CMS solutions.
Keep in mind the webcast is only 1hour long, so there's only so much they can tell you. But it should get you started down the road to CMS standard-land.