Looks like Europe also hangs out on the SharePoint bandwagon. This news is according to the content management association — AIIM Europe. Annual survey results show what we already know here in North America, that organizations intend to use MOSS, but have no formal plans for application.
The survey is conducted with 1,400 AIIM members in Europe and North America where 235 are in the UK alone. According to the survey, 63% plan to use MOSS for document management and 41% for records management. The problem is only 34% have an actual implementation plan for the platform.
Doug Miles, AIIM’s UK Managing Director is quoted as saying, ““There is tremendous interest in what SharePoint can offer.” …“Users are keen to compare its functionality and ease of implementation with more established ECM solutions, particularly in specific vertical markets. They also want to know how to integrate it with scanning and capture, lifecycle storage and legacy repositories.”
Apparently 29% have already implemented some aspect of the platform.
The AIIM Survey covered more than just SharePoint. Results also showed that 28% of organizations plan to migrate to a single ECM solution over the next two years (a similar group plans to move to a single-sign on portal). In both cases it looks like SharePoint is a popular choice.
With this knowledge in hand, the AIIM Roadshow has some features planned to help organizations understand SharePoint a little bit better. For SharePoint, there will be a SharePoint Solutions Theatre. Microsoft will use this theatre to present all the standard SharePoint features such as Document Management, WCM, Records Management and others.
Other ECM vendors will also demonstrate how their products integrate with SharePoint to provide high-value solutions.
Other events at the roadshow include:
- Capture Centre – Sponsored by Avnet, you can take examples of business documents and see how to scan it and explore how to capture and use the contents using different technologies
- Advice Centre – Discuss your business with ECM specialist division of Serco including topics such as compliance, ROI, Risk and Change Management, Enterprise 2.0 and more
- Education Centre - Take a look at AIIM's different different education and Professional Development programmes, maybe even try out a web course.
The free roadshow runs from April 28 to May 2 and hits five UK cities: Glasgow, Bolton, Coventry, Bristol and London. There will be over 30 suppliers there to demonstrate their wares. Jump over to their website to register.
- Microsoft Leaks Offer a Glimpse of SharePoint 2016
- Discussion Point: Who Has the Best Digital Marketing Hub?
- 5 Predictions About Marketing Technology
- 10 Collaboration Trends for 2015
- 8 Tech Trends You Need To Know
- Why You Should Be Worried (and Angry) About Lenovo
- Does Hadoop Need Saving?