A new hosted human resources management system, built around Oracle’s (news, site) E-Business suite has just been launched by a Mumbai-based business process outsourcing company which says the new solution will dramatically cut the costs of implementing human resources management software.
The new solution, called Republic, is a multi-tenant services delivery platform that will be hosted and maintained by Cailber Point, which is claiming to be one of the first companies in the world to offer Business Process Outsourcing as a SaaS.
Caliber Point plans to initially target mid-sized companies with a workforce ranging from 2000-15,000 employees with Republic and then scale up gradually.
Caliber Point And BPO
Caliber Point is the independent BPO arm of Hexaware Technologies which provides end-to-end Business Process Outsourcing services to large global players and Fortune 1000 companies.
Recently it has been exerting quite a push with BPO as a SaaS and only released its healthcare BPO in the past week.
Again, in this case, it formed an alliance with a strategic partner -- healthcare IT company MedLink -- and developed an Electronic Medical Record platform called TotalOffice that combines all the software necessary to integrate business and medical data without having to cog to multiple vendors.
With Republic, it has created a similar package but for human resources management instead. The pay-per-use pricing platform covers all the software areas that would normally be associated with human resources management. These include:
- Payroll Management
- Recruitment Management Services
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Management
- Learning Development
- Workforce Administration Services
- Compensation Management Services
- HR Helpdesk Services
The Republic And E-Business Suite
At the base of Republic is Oracle's HR system which is part of its E-Business Suite, a collection of integrated, global business applications that cover most business areas including human resource management solutions that enables users to create a single system of record while complying with local laws and regulations.
There are three main components to the human resources element.
- Human Resources: An application that serves as the center of all human-resources activities that can be deployed in both the private and public sectors.
- Payroll Management: Ensures that everyone is getting paid on time and the amount that was agreed on hiring. It is completely integrated with other Oracle financial packages like Financials and Payroll.
- Advanced Benefits: A benefits administration application that analyzes current business practices and the business environment an enterprise is working and introduces cost-effective changes to those processes to better work in the prevailing business environment.
Republic demonstrates again current tendency to develop software for specific verticals. Key to these deployments is efficiency, easy deployment and ability to adapt to changing business circumstances. On all three counts Republic scores.