Open Text Corporation has announced a number of enhancements to its range of Enterprise 2.0 solutions. Among these enhancements is a new offering that lets customers manage compliance rules for social computing capabilities like blogs, wikis and forums on websites, as well as a set of Web 2.0 collaboration tools that kick employee interaction up a notch. Open Text is producing Enterprise 2.0 solutions that let customers provide an innovative, interactive experience on the Web and in their existing content ecosystems, such as content originating in SAP, Oracle or Microsoft Office. The solutions, aimed at combining content governance with content productivity considerations, should let customers embrace a more comprehensive Enterprise 2.0 strategy.
New Features and Enhancements
* Fully Integrated Social Networking: Open Text now offers deeper levels of meta-data handling. This includes richer handling for dynamic content, with emphasis on deeper descriptive data for both people and processes.
* Leverage Core Content in a 2.0 World: Taking a cue from the Web 2.0 happenings of the web, Open Text now grants the ability to leverage all content sources in an organization for social networking. Core content of an organization in pretty much any repository, such as SAP, Microsoft SharePoint, and Open Text's Livelink ECM or eDocs, can now be delivered and personalized in the context of social networks.
* Security and Personalization for 2.0 Content: Persona-driven Web access tailored to respective information requirements is now a part of Open Text. Personalization can be applied to user-generated content, allowing for the usage of social networking capabilities in the context of the business -- customer care, sales or services -- incorporating metadata such as language, regions, hierarchies, occupational groups, departments and interests, so that knowledge can be assigned and accessed accordingly.
* Compliance and Validation Services: Expanded Web compliance capabilities let customers apply regulatory or legal rules to user-generated content in social computing applications. This extends Web compliance outside the realm of accessibility validation of a Web page, and into the realm of blogs, wikis, and other Web 2.0 modules, giving customers the option to apply an automatic regulatory and legal check point before content goes live on the Web. Customers can set rules for this service that address industry-specific or corporate policies, as well as discovery, copyright and data protection issues.
* Extended Collaboration to be Released Later this Month: Open Text's Extended Collaboration solution, to be released later this month, provides a useful work environment where employees can easily circulate ideas, experiences and knowledge in real-time. The solution works by combining a robust knowledge repository with project workspaces, polls, news channels, tasks and milestones. A number of community applications brings specialized, enterprise-ready tools, including real-time collaboration or newsletter views, FAQs, and event calendars to promote shared expertise and best practices.
"For organizations, regulatory and legal concerns are still the biggest barriers to wider Enterprise 2.0 adoption," said Daniel Kraft, President of the Open Text Web Solutions Group. "To help companies get beyond the fear, we have to provide the tools that address the business realities of compliance, yet still provide dynamic, Enterprise 2.0 capabilities. The integration of real time compliance management offers the support for risk mitigation with our full suite of Enterprise 2.0 applications, something companies can't find from other vendors."
Open Text has been doing what they do for 16 years, and is one of the top dogs of the Enterprise Content Management industry, boasting a client base of around 45,000 customers. Recently, they've delved into content transactions with their new Transactional Content Processing solution. This solution brought the company further into the realm of business process management and further demonstrated their belief that ECM is an integral element of information strategies in today's organizations. Visit Open Text for more information.
CMSWire is a leading, native digital publication produced by Simpler Media Group, Inc. We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 450+ authoritative articles per quarter for our 750,000 community members. Join us as a subscriber.