Microsoft released a community preview of its next version of SQL Server, codenamed 'Denali' and its partners have wasted no time announcing their support for it.
SQL Server Denali
At the Microsoft World Partner Conference yesterday, Microsoft officially released SQL Server Denali CTP 3 -- the latest community preview of its cloud-ready information platform. There are a number of improvements to this latest version including:
- AlwaysOn: Offers greater availability
- Project Apollo: Fast performance thanks to this new column store index
- Project Crescent: A new data exploration and visualization tool
- BI Semantic Model: a single model for BI applications that provides a consistent view across your data sources
- Excel: A Master Data Services add-in for Excel
There are also a number of data management tools available in the Windows Azure Marketplace from third party providers.
You can download CTP3 and give it a test run.
Partners Announce their Support for Denali
It goes with a new release that partners will come out and announce their support for new product versions.
- OpenText (news, site) announced that its enterprise content management system will support Denali, being named a Microsoft Global Launch Partner.
- Panorma Software (news, site) announced that its business intelligence suite will seamlessly integrate with the BI Semantic Model offering its customers a single view of its data.
- Epicor announced its enterprise performance management software will take advantage of the performance enhancements in the new version.