Building on its Application Integration Architecture (AIA) solution, Oracle (news, site) has just announced the availability of a Process Integration Pack (PIP) between its Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and its suite of enterprise planning resource software JD Edwards Enterprise One.
The company has developed the PIP in conjunction with SYSTIME, a business solutions provider and one of its Platinum Partner in the Oracle Partner Network and a JD Edwards specialist.
The result is a solution that will allow for the rapid integration of Agile PLM processes across an entire enterprise through JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP, cutting the cost of PLM integration with customized and third-party products.
Oracle’s AIA Program
It is these kinds of solutions that Oracle was aiming at when it introduced the AIA programme. Last October Oracle released AIA Release 2.5 which like its predecessors helps organizations reduce business process integration complexity and cut the time it takes for the delivery of enterprise application solutions.
AIA 2.5 further extended AIA’s depth of reach in industries it was already working with, and breadth of reach in the industries it was targeting. Having already delivered for communications, utilities, and insurance, v2.5 targeted the manufacturing industry, which is where the joint SYSTIME PIP comes from.
In the manufacturing sector, this solution will streamline product innovation through better design making, accelerated manufacturing and an expedited time to market.
Principal features include:
- Transfer templates that have been predefined for design release of new products as well as product launch. It can also alter product management retrospectively.
- Easy information exchange in both directions by the synchronization of product change status and product attributes information between manufacturing and PLM.
- Immediate error notification with multiple layers of information validation to ensure data exchanges are completed.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne And Agile PLM
So what do you get at either end of the PIP?
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software. It gives users a choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business needs.
Flexible and scalable, the toolset design is built with open standards with all financial processes across all applications integrated into a single database that links seamlessly with all other JD Edwards EnterpriseOne solutions. Customer and partner information portal gives users with a single entry point to access all data and documentation.
Agile PLM solutions enable companies to accelerate product innovation and maximize product profitability by managing the information, processes, and decisions about products throughout their lifecycles and across the global product network.
The solutions provide secure, timely, and accurate visibility and control of critical product information and processes to users at every stage in the product life cycle.
- New Product Development: Gives users a multistage collaborative project and portfolio management solution to streamline and accelerate product development
- Product Data Management: Gives a single version of the truth for all product and supplier data across all languages and cultures, delivering global visibility and traceability, greater change control, lower costs, improved productivity and enhanced compliance, quality and safety
- Formulation and Compliance: Enables users to manage experimental formulations and in doing so accelerates new product introductions.
- Product Supplier Collaboration: Enables users to collaborate with suppliers.
Interested in more? Check it out here.