Despite going through turbulent times, Vignette announced upcoming availability of an update to its Vignette Media product. We covered Vignette Media last year, when it just came out. And yes, we expressed a bit of skepticism then.
The new Vignette Media 7.1 is still positioned as a digital media publishing platform aimed at TMEs (telecommunications, media and entertainment) and CMEs (communications, media and entertainment).
Using this platform, organizations can upload, publish and manage rich media, video, editorial and marketing content across multiple websites. The goal is still to be able to manage, promote and sell digital assets; as well as capture advertising revenue.
There doesn’t seem to be much detail yet on what new and/or improved functionality will be available in the upcoming release, but there’s a microsite here if you want to poke around.
Some of the known Vignette Media 7.1 features seem to include improved DAM and ingestion of large volumes of media assets. Plus — some visual mechanisms to better manage data.
Vignette Video Services module remains to be part of this offering. So we, probably, should expect some improvements related to management of video assets.
Vignette Media 7.1 should be available in the second half of 2009. By then, all logistics of the Vignette acquisition by Open Text should be sorted out, but we don’t expect Open Text to have much influence on the upcoming release.
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- 8 Components of a Truly Integrated Digital Workplace
- Prediction for 2015: The Fall of People, Process and Technology