They've been banged up a bit lately in the news with their less than spectacular financial results, but they've also been the recipient of some awards that demonstrate their commitment to Web 2.0 and the entire web experience as a whole.
So what do you do when you want to better understand how this enterprise content management provider can appear to have two different faces? Why you attend their yearly conference Vignette Village. Because anyone who's anyone with Vignette will be there.
Vignette Village 2008 takes place October 20-22 in Austin, Texas. They say "Vignette Village is a gathering of global visionaries bent on making the Web experience extraordinary."
Session & Tracks
With over 90 sessions in three days covering everything from:
* Engaging customers with video
* Delivering content anywhere anytime
* Leveraging social media and Enterprise 2.0 technologies
* Using personalization and recommendations
* Learning how collaboration technologies drive productivity
and a whole lot more that includes hands-on product training, this conference is not for the light-hearted. You will walk away with a better understanding of Vignette's offering and how to use to move your organization into the wide world of Web 2.0.
Tracks You can Follow
There are four tracks set up for Vignette Village including:
* Business Track: For business managers who need to understand the challenges and benefits of a solution, understanding ROI development, measuring project value and more.
* Implementation Track: Using Vignette products now? Here's the track you need to follow to better understand how to use them effectively and how to plan them.
* Products and Technologies Track: Learn about all their products and how they integrate.
* Developer Deep Dive Track: Delivered by Vignette engineers and professional development consultants, these sessions get deep into the technical world of Vignette.
Vignette's Web Experience Solutions
CMSWire has reported on just about each and every product that's been added to the Vignette Web Experience Platform. From their Recommendations Engine, to Web Analytics, to Rich Media, to Community Products and High Performance Delivery, Vignette is clearly demonstrating their product strategy is focused on the Web.
Their challenges may come with their pricing strategy for their ECM and Portal solutions. Something you may get a better handle on during the Business Track sessions.
If you are a current Vignette customer or close to making them the final winner in your own ECM Matrix, you should attend this conference. We also hear the parties are quite fun -- who knows what secrets you can pull from an engineer, business development director or professional services consultant.