In the news this week Aquia released the latest version of their social business platform, Drupal Commons 1.6, KnowledgeTree took on Box.net for mobile document management and Web CMS provider MODx offered up MODx Revolution 2.1.
The Lucene Revolution event took place in San Francisco and our own Josette Rigsby spent time on the conference floor talking to attendees about enterprise search and the new Lucene/Solr certification.
As a close out to our focus on enterprise information management (EIM) we addressed the "enterprise" in enterprise content management, discussed the value of social business and publicly pondered what is more important - employee or customer communities.
And finally for those of you still worried about Microsoft's acquisition of Skype, may we suggest five great alternatives to Skype.
- Is Collaboration the End of Process?
- Is Your Enterprise CMS Ready to Move to the Cloud?
- Microsoft Unveils Its 'Mango' Update for Windows Phone 7
- 5 Great Skype Alternatives
- The True Nature of a Social Intranet
- Social Business: Latest Stats Reveal Gaps and Introduce New Traps
- Putting the "E" in Enterprise Content Management: What Does "Enterprise" Really Mean?
- Drupal Commons 1.6 Released, Boosts Collaboration, Eases Management
- NewsGator Improves SharePoint's Video Capabilities in Social Sites 2010 v2
- Employee and Customer Communities: Which One is More Valuable?
Around the Web
- Setting the Record Straight: The Enterprise 2.0
- 5 Things Digital Marketers Can Learn from Traditional Marketers
- Filtering, curation and familiarity
- Online strategy: get those top tasks right!
- Workflow: Is it a Factory or is it Congress?
Featured Events (all events | post an event)
- June 6-7, 2011 -- Web Content Conference 2011 (Chicago)
- Jun 08, 2011 -- DAM NY 2011 Conference
- Jun 16-17, 2011 -- eZ Systems Conference & Awards 2011 (London)
- Jun 20, 2011 -- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Building Social Business (Boston)
- Jun 21-22, 2011 -- Digital Content Monetization Conference (Los Angeles)
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Market Research Analyst at Adobe
- Yelp is looking for a UI Designer! at Yelp
- Dir, Content Mgmt Digital Initiatives at NBC Universal
- Website Properties Manager at SugarCRM
- Sales Director at Hippo