Heads up, San Franciscans--New Riders, Pearson Technology Group’s Web design imprint, is bringing it to the Bay by announcing the launch of a dedicated conference for the Web design community, Voices That Matter: Web Design Conference. The event kicks off today and runs through Thursday the 25th. The venue is San Francisco’s Grand Hyatt. Pearson Technology Group, home of several notable publishing brands, including Addison-Wesley Professional, Adobe Press, Apple Certified, and Cisco Press, organized this conference to bring together New Riders’ bestselling authors, Web designers, and creative professionals from the industries companies and design firms.
Those who attend will have the chance to network with and learn from leaders in their field in the Web design community.
The conference will feature workshops and sessions designed to inspire and help solve current and future real-world Web design challenges. These sessions will be led by respected Web professionals and authors and will include:
* Web to Mobile: Designing for the iPhone (led by Kelly Goto)
* Designing Authentic Media: Leveraging the Wisdom of Communities (led by Derek Powazek)
* Web Design for ROI (led by Sandra Niehaus)
A complete schedule can be viewed here.
Among the conference speakers will be:
* Web usability guru Jakob Nielsen, who authored the book Prioritizing Web Usability * Usability consultant Stave Krug, author of Don’t Make Me Think: A Commonsense Approach to Web Usability * Web standards expert Jeremy Keith, author of Bulletproof Ajax,
* Web designer and consultant Andy Clarke, author of Transcending CSS: The Fine Art of Web Design.
View a complete list of conference speakers here.
The Voices That Matter: Web Design Conference will be packed with sessions that encourage networking, letting the participants harness their collective wisdom of the community and mingle with other designers and creative teams from around the world and across industries and disciplines.
Organized and produced by Pearson, one of the world’s prominent publishers of books and training materials focused on advancing the skills of technical, business and professional computing consumers, this conference series should offer up an inspiring and educational week for anyone involved in or interested in the field of web design.
And don’t forget that the 2007 conference series also includes Voices That Matter: Google Web Toolkit, which will be held December 3-6, 2007 at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel. Register today!