Janus Boye is determined to bring a “breath of cool, refreshing Nordic air into the stuffy and crowded U.S. conference landscape.” The 5th International Conference -- jboye09 -- will be held in Philadelphia on May 5-7, 2009.
jboye09 is organized by J. Boye, a vendor-neutral analyst firm, which also arranges network groups for professional knowledge-sharing in a social atmosphere.
In Europe, the J. Boye conference has become an important industry event, with web managers, Intranet managers and other professionals in related fields flocking to the event to quench their thirst for knowledge.
The conference topics usually revolve around web strategy, development, e-government, technology standards, SharePoint, Enterprise 2.0, web marketing, Web 2.0, Web CMS, enterprise search, etc.
After an upcoming conference in November, the next stop for jboye conference is the U.S. So far we know that there will be at least four tracks and an exciting program of tutorials spread over three days.
Numerous speakers include:
* Tony Byrne, founder of CMS Watch
* Janus Boye, author of the Enterprise Portals Report, co-author of Wiki in the Enterprise and Web CMS Report and jboye09 conference chair
* Jane McConnell, Intranet and portal strategy specialist
* Ammar Bakkar, head of New Media at Al Arabiya
* James Robertson, Australian Intranet guru
* Toby Ward, founder and CEO, Prescient Digital Media
* David Pogue, personal technology columnist
* Bob Boiko, author of “Laughing at the CIO”
* Shiv Singh, VP of Social Media at Avenue A | Razorfish
* Theresa Regli, principal at CMS Watch
Got something to say? Sign up to speak the conference.
Boye is also looking for conference volunteers. You can sign up here and help out at jboye09 in exchange for free attendance. Volunteers are usually people from the industry, who are interested in the conference and otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford to attend. They can be students or industry professionals.
To get more information and to register, visit http://jboye09.com.
CMSWire is a leading, native digital publication produced by Simpler Media Group, Inc. We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 450+ authoritative articles per quarter for our 750,000 community members. Join us as a subscriber.