Forms add interactivity to any website or application. Organizations can benefit from data and information received from clients, customers and other stakeholders. But this information is best digested with tools that make management of data easier. Adobe (news, site) has recently announced an update to its FormsCentral (news, site) service, which adds summary reports, ratings and social media integration, among other new features.
FormsCentral is a SaaS offering that enables organizations to easily create and distribute forms, and thereafter analyze the data collected from user inputs. FormsCentral has been used by organizations for surveys, event registrations, research and other applications.
Forms can be branded according to users' specifications, for brand-integrity and consistency with a website's existing design. Forms are accessible from any web-capable device, including computers, tablets and smartphones, which enables access to a wider audience.
Adobe FormsCentral Sample Registration Form
New Features for Better Form Management
Adobe has just released the latest version of FormsCentral, having added new features requested by users. Notable among these are summary reports, rating scales, skip logic, redirection, embedding and Twitter integration, among others.
- Summary Reports -- FormsCentral can automatically generate a summary report for each form or survey, which can display absolute count, captions or percentages. Summaries can be exported as PDF or image files for easy integration in presentations.
- Rating Scales -- Forms can now include ratings, which improves the feedback mechanism. The feature will be useful in getting quick quantitative insights from customers or other clients.
- Skip Logic -- Forms can now be tailor-fit according to respondent answers. Some fields or areas can be skipped or combined, based on the previous answers.
- Redirection -- Respondents can be redirected to a defined page after filling out the form.
- Embedding -- FormsCentral now provides HTML code that can be copied-and-pasted onto any website or wiki. This lets publishers put up the forms directly on their website. Forms, data and analysis are still stored on FormsCentral's server, and can be displayed, analyzed and shared easily, with up-to-date information.
- Twitter Integration -- The service lets users sign in via Twitter and instantly share links to the survey or results from within the FormsCentral.
Pricing and Usage Plans
FormsCentral comes in both free and premium versions. The free version is limited to a single form with 50 respondents, though. Pricing starts at US$ 14.99 monthly for five forms and 500 respondents each. The Plus plan costs US$ 199 per year for unlimited forms with up to 5,000 respondents each.