Have you ever wondered if you rate as a mover or shaker in the Office 365 universe?" Well, now you have your answer, thanks to a just released list from Harmon.ie.
Harmon.ie, a company that creates software solutions to improve collaboration in the digital workplace, commissioned Scratch Marketing + Media to identify top Office 365 influencers.
David Lavenda, vice president of product strategy for harmon.ie, said the list is a natural extension of the list of Sharepoint influencers the company has been producing annually since 2011. Because the Microsoft landscape is changing so rapidly with the development of Office 365, it was decided to extend the list beyond SharePoint, he explained.
This year’s winners were announced tonight at the Metalogix sponsored 2015 Best of Breed Party at Microsoft Ignite in Chicago.The Best of Breed Awards honor the efforts of individuals or teams who have significantly increased the value of SharePoint, Office 365 and hybrid solutions in their organization.
Most of the people on the list — 64 percent — are SharePoint MVPs, architects or specialists who also have expertise in Office 365. Another 20 percent are Office 365 MVPs, specialists or consultants and 16 percent are CTOs, Microsoft beat reporters or enterprise search influencers.
And the Winners Are ...
North Americans made up more than half of the list, but dominated less than previous years, with 15 of the top 25 influencers residing in the United States or Canada. The remaining 10 came from Europe. Four of the top 25 spots are occupied by women, consistent with last year’s list.
The top 10 are:
- Naomi Moneypenny, Chief Technology Officer at Synxi. Tweet to @nmoneypenny
- Benjamin Niaulin, a SharePoint MVP at Sharegate and GSoft. Tweet to @bniaulin
- Andrew Connell, an independent consultant and 11-time recipient of Microsoft's MVP award. Tweet to @andrewconnell
- Laura Rogers, SharePoint consultant, author, speaker and Microsoft MVP. Tweet to @WonderLaura
- Dan Holme, co-founder of IT Unity, a community of people who work with Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365. Tweet to @danholme
- Christian Buckley, Microsoft MVP and Managing Director, Americas at GTconsult. Tweet to @buckleyplanet
- Spencer Harbar, a SharePoint authority and 12-time recipient of Microsoft's MVP award. Tweet to @harbars
- Wictor Wilen, a Microsoft Certified Architect and Microsoft Certified Master/Certified Solutions Master in SharePoint. Twitter to @wictor
- Mary Jo Foley, a freelance technology writer, author, podcaster and news editor. Tweet to @maryjofoley
- Waldek Mastykarz, Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP and works as SharePoint consultant at Mavention. Tweet to @waldekm
The list was whittled down to 25 from 75 based on each person's knowledge and understanding of Office 365, as well as their digital and social presence among other things. Here's the full list of 25.