(Page 3 of 3)
- Data safety: Identifies and secures data with the new Data Loss Prevention features, protecting sensitive data through deep content analysis.
- Easier eDiscovery: Analysis of data through the new Exchange eDiscovery Center that enables users to discover Exchange, SharePoint and Lync data stored in Exchange from a single interface.
- Data storage: In-place archiving and large mail boxes enable users to manage storage and compliance in a cost-effective way.
- Team management: Keeps track of old projects and associated communications, and enables users to access and see all that communication. Access to all team documents from Outlook.
- Unified user experience: Co-authoring, document storage and versioning are provided through SharePoint while messaging is managed by Exchange.
- Touch-enabled inbox: The new Outlook interface has also is redesigned to take account of touch screens.
- Cloud access: Moves to the cloud can be done overnight, or in stages to facilitate hybrid deployments.
- Simplify management: Management of Exchange through the Exchange Administration Center, a single, easy-to-use Web-based administration interface.
- Outlook Web-content: Users can customize Exchange by incorporating relevant, Web-based Office Apps into the desktop and browser-based Outlook.
- Contacts: Easy migration of contacts from other networks into Exchange.
Office 365 Lync
Top 10 New and Improved Features of Lync
- Accessibility: New network adaptability conditions enables users to communicate securely using whatever network is most convenient.
- Unified client: Integrates video and voice calls Lync meetings, presence and instant messaging from a single easy-to-use client.
- Consistent experience: Provides a user-friendly consistent experience across all devices, and browsers, including Windows 7 and Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS and Android smartphones.
- External communication: Lync Federation offers unified communications outside the enterprise through the internet with robust security to customers and clients using the most common messaging platforms.
- Take notes: Enables the sharing of OneNote digital meeting notes through Lync.
- Virtual conferences: See multiple video streams simultaneously and see the active speaker automatically.
- Adaptive videoconferencing: Uses open standards H.264 SVC to enable video compression, which adapts to bandwidth for a high-quality experience.
- Click to join: Easy access to meetings with a single click, or touch with the new touchscreen abilities.
- Browser-based access: Full Lynch Meeting experience for PC and Mac users through a browser from anywhere.
- Communicate: Quick Lync menu offers users the best option available for communication at a given point in time, and shows available communication modes.
We have to stress here that this is only to serve as a starting point and introduction to all the changes in the new suite.