Semantic content enrichment solutions provider, Temis has announced it will be releasing a beta version of its online collaboration platform, the Luxid Community.
Founded in 2000, Temis has worked on providing collaboration solutions and improving how information assets are managed. For example, in late 2011 it integrated its Luxid semantic enrichment tool with Nuxeo. With the Luxid Community Platform, Temis will give users in the semantic content enrichment field the ability to meet with colleagues, exchange practices, work on projects and share information.
The Luxid Community Platform
As the Luxid Community Platform has only been announced, there's limited information available at this time. The product release, in beta format, is scheduled for January 29. Daniel Mayer, Vice President of Marketing at Temis says the platform will take the stress of companies who are trying, but aren't successful in managing their unstructured content.
Structuring their unstructured content is becoming a burning need for organizations, but the corresponding ecosystem is still fragmented. With the Luxid Community Platform, our goal is to help our customers and partners to collaborate and facilitate the mainstream adoption of semantic content enrichment technologies,” said Mayer in a company statement.
Some of the features that will be available to registered users include the following:
- A new suite of tools that can help customize pre-existing Skill Cartridges or help create new ones.
- The platform will include a marketplace feature where groups can exchange semantic content enrichment components.
- Users will have access to identify service providers and domain exports who can help them with individual or groups projects.
- Users can choose to share or sell Skill Cartridges, taxonomies, corpora and other files.
Semantic Technology Is Making an Impact
Semantic technology is on the rise. During last summer’s Olympic Games, Anthony Meyers looked at how it would impact the sports event during the Semtech 2012 conference. He found that semantic technology is changing the way the internet is being used as more people are using linked data to improve their overall Web experience.
In addition to realizations such as this, many different companies, in addition to Temis, have been releasing semantic-related products over the last year. They include Google’s Knowledge Graph and version 3.8 of Webnodes' semantic content management system.
- The Future of Digital Marketing: 8 Trends
- 2014 Predictions: What Side of the Future Are You On?
- Oracle WebCenter Sites Review: Strengths, Weaknesses
- How Is Hadoop Like Teenage Sex? [Infographic]
- 7 Things Stew Leonard's Can Teach You About Your Customers
- Why Apple Needs Topsy in a $200 Million Way
- 3 Practical Ways to Boost Your Google+ Profile