This is the second in a series designed to show how to use Office 365, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Project Professional 2010 and Windows Phone 7.5 technologies to put together a streamlined, standardized project management system.
Once you’ve created a project site using SharePoint online, use the Microsoft tools found in Office 365 to make project information available to your team. One of the most commonly used features for project teams is the Outlook calendar. Link the calendar on your project site to your Outlook calendar. All team members should have access to this project calendar, and it will appear as a separate calendar on each team member’s Outlook client.
Learn more about how to integrate Outlook into your project site:
Many more tips and tricks for leveraging Microsoft products for your collaborative efforts will be presented at Microsoft Project Conference 2012 in Phoenix, AZ March 19-22!
Editor's Note: You may also be interested in reading:
- Understanding the Pillars of SharePoint Governance with 21apps Ant Clay by @buckleyplanet
- The Art of SharePoint Success: Architecture - The Services Concept by @symon_garfield
- SharePoint Applications: System Design and Testing by @joeshepley
About the Author
Pamela Flora is the Administrative and Marketing Coordinator for Innovative-e, Inc.
- Microsoft Leaks Offer a Glimpse of SharePoint 2016
- Discussion Point: Who Has the Best Digital Marketing Hub?
- 5 Predictions About Marketing Technology
- Blame the C-Suite for Your Failed SharePoint Project
- Why You Should Be Worried (and Angry) About Lenovo
- 10 Collaboration Trends for 2015
- The Future of SEO is Not SEO