Another busy work week, another all star weekend reads. This week we talked about the value of on premises vs. hosted SharePoint deployments, took a look at creating remarkable content experiences and explored the relationship between collaboration and productivity.
Top Information Management Article
The cloud seems to be everywhere these days and within the world of SharePoint it's no different. Microsoft has pushed the cloud front and center for SharePoint customers but is the move really worth it? Andrew Connell (@andrewconnell) looks at what on premises deployments provide that hosted environments do not in his The Value & Future of SharePoint On Premises
In my opinion, on premises deployments of SharePoint 2013 are just as valuable as hosted deployments. Just as many customers find Office 365 an ideal solution, an on premises deployment is equally relevant and pertinent to other customers. So what are some of the aspects and use cases that customers should consider in deciding if their organization should use the hosted SharePoint solutions, including Office 365, or on premises deployments?"
This week, our must-read contenders include:
- Sexy Enough To Be A Data Scientist? Here's What It Takes & Where To Begin [Infographic] by Virginia Backaitis
- Dr. Seuss and the Internet of Things by Deb Miller (@debsg360)
- Will Your e-Discovery Vendor Support Your Move to SharePoint Online? by Tom Petrocelli (@tompetrocelli)
- Sharing Nicely in the Cloud: Understanding External Sharing with SharePoint 2013 by Susan Hanley (@susanhanley)
Top Social Business Article
At this point (2010-2015) we are seeing the parallel development of social networks moving into the enterprise and the enterprise trying to socialize more of its critical processes. Some of the pressure for this came from the push to bring social networks into the enterprise in a safe and secure manner."
In our social business contenders space we have:
- SharePoint is Dead - Long Live Office 365 by David Lavenda (@dlavenda)
- Taming the SharePoint Bear with Social Software: A Cautionary Tale for Microsoft Customers by Carrie Basham Young (@carrieyoung)
- Building a Mobile App for SharePoint? Not So Fast! by Wendy Neal (@sharepointwendy)
- Gartner Report Plots the Rise of Human 2.0 by Jack Quest (@thequestreport)
Top Customer Experience Article
Every content marketer has one goal — develop a successful content marketing strategy. The problem is that sometimes the strategy falls flat. Robert Rose (@robert_rose) explains how to create remarkable content experiences in his latest article Creating Content Experiences — Be Remarkable or Fail.
As I dig in further, I've been working on a maturity model for an optimal content marketing approach. While I plan to share those ideas in a future post, one theme I keep coming back to is that, independent of the approach, a successful content marketing strategy requires placing a priority on remarkable content over everything else."
And the runner-ups are:
- Why Do Organizations Hate Their Content Management System? by Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
- The Building Blocks Of Digital Asset Management Interoperability by Ralph Windsor (@daydreamuk)
- Put on Your Content Marketing Helmet - It's a Content Explosion by Ian Truscott (@iantruscott)
- Affordance vs. Enablement - The Value of Simplicity Isn't That Simple by Stephen Fishman (@trivoca)
- As Content Creators Cash in on YouTube, What are the Options for Analytics? by Phil Kemelor (@philkemelor)
- The Future of Digital Marketing: 8 Trends
- 6 Predictions for SharePoint, Office 365 in 2014
- How Is Hadoop Like Teenage Sex? [Infographic]
- What You Need to Know about Enterprise Mobility for 2014
- Hey CMO! Hey CIO! Work Together or Lose Everything
- 5 Ways Marketers Can Improve the CMS Experience
- Inside the Road to Acquia's Possible IPO