Rearrange your schedule, cancel that meeting and put down the burrito — it's time to get ready for our first Tweet Jam of 2014! In just under an hour we will come together to discuss the Internet of Things. How will business overcome security, software and privacy issues? Should every company jump on the IoT bandwagon? What benefits come with a hyper-connected world? Tune in to find out.
The Tweet Jam kicks off at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST / 1800 GMT. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to participate. You can join by following the #CXMChat hashtag, joining our chatroom or checking out our Cover It Live session below.
The questions we'll be asking at today's Jam include:
- Cisco's John Chambers says IOT will have a multi-trillion dollar impact. Is the IOT hype deserved? Why or why not?
- IOT is easy to see from a B2C perspective (e.g., wearables, thermostats). How do you see IOT changing B2B life?
- What ways can you imagine IOT shifting B2B marketing, aside from perhaps increased location awareness?
- Name the biggest roadblocks/risks involved in integrating the Internet of Things in a business model.
- What kinds of standards will we need to develop to facilitate the Internet of Things?
- How do we address privacy in this hyper-connected world?
The experts on hand to keep the conversation going include:
- Marius Monton, Innovation Unit Manager at Worldsensing — @mariusmonton
- Kimberly Samuelson, Director of Government Marketing, Analyst Relations at Laserfiche — @ecmchick
- Jennifer Ernst, VP of Business Development at Thinfilm — @ErnstJen
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social, Mobile and Cloud Applications at Neuralytix, Inc.— @tompetrocelli
- Rob Markovich, VP marketing and Business Development at Ayla Networks — @AylaNetworks
- Ronak Sutaria, Lead Researcher at Mindtree — @rsutaria
- Joseph A. di Paolantonio, Independent providing IoT & DMA research and synthesis — @JadP
- Chris Surdak, Information Governance, Analytics and e-Discovery expert at HP Autonomy —@CSurdak
- Brian Gilmore, Solution Expert, Internet of Things and Industrial Data at Splunk —@BrianMGilmore
- Matt Silk, CMO at Waterfall — @matthewsilk
- Scott Harper, co-CEO at Dialexa — @harpscott
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q4 With the increase in access points, security will be a major challenge for businesses"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful.
- Are You a Top 20 Document Management Vendor? [Infographic]
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle
- 12 Steps To A Successful ECM Deployment #gartnerpcc
- Yammer: SharePoint's Social Collaboration Savior? #SPTechCon
- Can Akumina Make SharePoint a Web CMS Contender?
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On