Makers of SilverStripe CMS, an open source micro content management system, have released version 2.3.0. The new release aims to be a platform with far-reaching development capabilities and an easy-to-use management interface.
In 2.3.0, SilverStripe brings "thousands" of improvements to the table.
As PacktPub.com’s Most Promising Open Source CMS in 2008, SilverStripe has made a name for themselves around the web content management world. Their new version has some impressive new features that include a variety of interface improvements and editing upgrades, ModelAdmin for managing large sets of data or documents, new APIs, better security, and Windows Server installation improvements.
A Peek at Improvements in SilverStripe 2.3.0
They will need to be downloaded and installed as separate extension modules.
SilverStripe User Forms, Now a Separate Download
Additional Improvements to SilverStripe Include:
- TinyMCE 3.2: The integrated WYSIWYG was upgraded to TinyMCE 3.2 for faster and more effective operation.
- Inline Spell Checker: Use the new inline spellchecker which provides suggestions while you edit.
- CodePress Integration: HTML code view uses CodePress to provide syntax highlighting, word wrap, and better control.
- Improved Interface Design: A new design polish the look of the interface in all compatible browsers.
- Use of APIs: A new natural ability to expose its internal object-oriented data structure as a light-weight API will make third-party integration easier than ever.
- ModelAdmin: Manage large data sets with an interface that builds around objects linked to ModelAdmin in PHP.
SilverStripe ModelAdmin Interface
- Improved Security Features: Individuals and now groups can receive varying levels of access. Previously, it was on an individual basis only.
SilverStripe New Security Settings Interface
- Transition to JQuery: This is part of the optimization of the system for faster and more efficient operation.
- Microsoft IIS v7 Support: Improvements have been made to installation processes and setting up friendly URLs on Windows based servers.
- Install Fixes: Fixed a number of issues making it easier to install SilverStripe in a variety of web environments.
These are just a glimpse of the many changes, additions and improvements Sigurd Magnusson and the team at SilverStripe have made to their Web CMS.
You can download SilverStripe 2.3.0 and see what this simple Web CMS is all about.