Norwegian group eZ Systems announces the latest release of their Open Source CMS, eZ Publish v3.5.1.
eZ publish is a professional Open Source Content Management System (CMS) and includes enterprise functionality for publishing, e-commerce, intranets and more.Highlights of eZ publish 3.5 include:
- Complete revamp of the administration interface
- New WYSIWYG Editor
- Viewing and editing content improved for a more intuitive authoring experience
- Improved error messages and dialogs
- Content tree menu for faster navigation
- Tooltips for the buttons and fields for most common operations
- Design related functionality has its own design tab in the admin interface
- Hide (unpublish) functionality for objects
- Speed and caching improvements
- Search engine enhancements
eZ Publish WYSIWYG Editor
With the 3.5 release of eZ Publish come a new version of the Online Editor. The latest version workw with Internet Explorer and all Mozilla based browsers, such as FireFox. With OE you can write content without tags in the XML fields by using known buttons.
eZ Publish CMS
eZ Publish is an Open Source web content publishing product produced and supported by Norway-based eZ Systems. The product is available in two different license versions -- GPL or Professional. The professional version grants certain commercial rights to the purchaser. Add-on modules for Oracle database support and visual editing are available as are few books aimed towards developers and publishers.
eZ Publish is developed in PHP with a relational database backend. The product is supported on Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, FreeBSD, Windows, and Mac OS X. Installers are available for Linux and Windows. The standard version of the product is available for free download.