Ah, intranets -- they can be our best friend or worst enemy. While some think that intranets have evolved with the times, others see enterprise social networks muscling intranets out. Be sure to tune in to tomorrow's Tweet Jam as we explore what features define modern intranets, what prevents user adoption and what direction they are headed.
Defining the Modern Intranet
The Tweet Jam will take place on Wednesday, November 13th at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST / 1800 GMT. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to participate. You can join by following the #SocBizChat hashtag or join our chatroom.
The questions shaping the discussion include:
- Name the top 3 functions of the modern intranet.
- In what areas do intranets fall short of employee's needs?
- What steps need to be taken to keep intranets relevant?
- Enterprise social networks vs. Intranets - Competing? Merging? Distinct? What's your take?
- Looking to 2014, what challenges lie ahead for intranets?
Our experts include:
- Benjamin Niaulin, SharePoint MVP at Sharegate -- @bniaulin
- Dan Latendre, CEO at Igloo Software -- @dlatendre
- David Hillis, VP of Business Development for Ingeniux -- @davidhillis
- Derek Peplau, Director, Product Marketing at Acquia -- @peplau
- Luis Suarez, Lead Social Business Enabler at IBM -- @elsua
- Rich Wood, Director, Modern Applications at Perficient -- @richOthewood
- Seth Miller, Founder and CEO of Miller Systems -- @millersys_seth
- Sharon O'Dea, Senior Manager, Online Communications at Standard Chartered Bank -- @sharonodea
- Tim Walters, Partner/Principal Analyst at Digital Clarity Group -- @tim_walters
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social, Mobile, and Cloud Applications at Neuralytix, Inc.-- @tompetrocelli
- Tony White, Founder of Ars Logica -- @arslogica
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Introduce yourself with your first #socbizchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #socbizchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q5 Intranets should serve one main purpose: information access #socbizchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services -- stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat -- be thoughtful.
We hope to see you there!