Information Overload is Killing Productivity — The Future of Social Tools and Processes
Join us on Thursday, September 26th at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 1700 GMT for a special Social Business Tweet Jam sponsored by Bloomfire. This time around we'll be looking at the impact of information overload on knowledge workers and an overall theme of "Information Overload is Killing Productivity — The Future of Social Tools & Processes".
The goal is to specifically discuss how email is or is not living up to the job of content collaboration.
- Alan Lepofsky, VP & Principal Analyst at Constellation Research - @alanlepo
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social at Neuralytix, Inc. - @tompetrocelli
- Bill Cushard, Training Lead at ServiceRocket - @billcush
- Jodi Bart Holzband, Director of Communications at Bloomfire - @tastytouring
- Dan Keldsen, Business Strategist at NFP Health - @DanKeldsen
These questions will shape the discussion:
- How do you primarily receive/consume the information that you need to do your job (e.g., web, intranet, email, social channels, etc.)?
- Is information overload/scatter/silo'ing causing you to miss out on key task related information? How bad is this problem in your workplace?
- How much time do you spend in email each day? And considering this, how do you feel about email-based information findability?
- What tools or practices do you use to help you prioritize important content you need to read?
- What are your top 3 dislikes of email as a content/information sharing tool?
- Tell us why or why not you think social business software will kill email or at least make it a much less prevalent tool.
- Introduce yourself with your first #SocBizChat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #SocBizChat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q5 Dislike #1 is flakey conversational threading of email #SocBizChat"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful.
- The Future of Digital Marketing: 8 Trends
- Cirrus Insight to Unite Salesforce, Gmail on Mobile Devices
- 2014 Predictions: What Side of the Future Are You On?
- Oracle WebCenter Sites Review: Strengths, Weaknesses
- 7 Things Stew Leonard's Can Teach You About Your Customers
- Why Apple Needs Topsy in a $200 Million Way
- How Is Hadoop Like Teenage Sex? [Infographic]