Is there room in the American market for another enterprise social intranet — especially one that could be more secure? Sweden-based Incentive Corp. thinks so.
Incentive claims its network, which can be used on-premises or within the cloud, provides data security within a suite of social collaboration tools.
"Incentive is installed behind the firewall, which means that a company can choose its level of security and privacy," CEO Rickard Hansson told CMSWire. "Incentive doesn't change where you can store documents, [but] just ensures that the communication about those documents and changes made to them remains private."
Companies "know where their data is" when using Incentive, he said, because they don't have to use a public cloud.
Where's the Data?
In spite of a crowded space that includes the likes of Microsoft's Yammer, Convo, Confluence, Podio, Jive and others, Hansson sees social intranets in the US as "an industry that's ripe for disruption" because too many companies still relying too much on email as a key collaboration tool. "There's a lot of room to grow this so-far underserved market," he told us.
Notifications and sharing in Incentive.
Features of the service include links from information to a creator so experts can be readily identified, a search box to identify knowledge centers in the company, the ability to organize groups, projects, subjects and departments, and sharing activity streams through wikis and blogs.
- Gartner Names Wise Choices for Workplace Social Software
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- The Future of SharePoint is the Cloud #gartnerpcc
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle
- Drive Social Adoption with SharePoint and Yammer Analytics
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- 12 Steps To A Successful ECM Deployment #gartnerpcc