Open source enterprise portal vendor Liferay has finally released an enterprise edition of Social Office 2.0 — while the Community Edition became available last August. The enterprise edition offers advanced document and content management features.
With it, users across the enterprise will be able to collaborate with other business teams in the enterprise as well as build networks that will connect those teams.
Liferay Social Office 2.0 CE
If this sounds vaguely familiar, you may want to go back to the August release of Social Office 2.0 Community Edition that integrated Social Office CE into the Liferay’s core portal platform.
With the Enterprise Edition, users effectively get the same thing, but on an enterprise scale. Users are offered a full social intranet that works in parallel to all their other sites and applications that have been integrated into Liferay Portal.
It also offers Liferay Sync, providing enterprises with the key functionality of synchronizing documents across the entire enterprise, making the latest versions available across desktops, and more importantly, mobile devices everywhere.
Liferay Social Office 2.0 EE
Needless to say the Enterprise Edition has a much bigger punch than the Community Edition and comes with advanced content management and collaboration features, including site creation and task management, as well as the other social tools like blogs, wikis, message boards and calendars — which were introduced in the CE 2.0 edition.
Social Office EE 2:20 Dashboard
New features include:
- Enhanced document management: Offers users previews and an enhanced user interface that enables the creation, editing and sharing of documents for tight document collaboration.
- Contacts Center: Enables users to track down other enterprise users quickly and easily.
- Notifications: Users now get alerts about new requests, messages or announcements through the notifications center on the dockbar.
- Microblogging: Enables users to broadcast real-time updates to connections and followers and see other posts from other users.
- User Management: Easy and intuitive management of Social Office roles
Social Office 2:0 is the first major release that is available in the new Marketplace, but is by no means the only app there. Currently, there are over 70 apps and themes in th &e Marketplace. The Marketplace is really only beginning to gain ground now, but with 70,000 developers and contributors creating apps for the portal, its use should pick up considerably in coming months.
Social Office can be purchased as an out-of-the-box solution compatible with existing deployments of Liferay Portal.
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- Discussion Point: Why Do Intranets Fail?
- A Look at Gartner's Data Management Analytics Leaders
- The Sticking Point with Social Collaboration Tools
- 3 Ways Marketing Automation Boosts Business Efficiency
- Is There a Future in Content Marketing?
- 3 Vendors Lead the Wave for Big Data Predictive Analytics