Who are the top CIOs? The annual batch of Transformational CIO Leadership Awards, released late last week, names names.
The awards, which were announced at the 2013 CIO Summit of America in New York, are presented by HMG Strategy LLC, a global provider of IT management and technology support. The summit is a peer-to-peer event of top-level executives, and this year it drew 320 participants.
Hunter Muller, President and CEO of HMG Strategy, said in a statement that the honorees “represent the absolute best of world-class IT leadership,” and added that this “singular group of amazing corporate leaders” serve as role models for IT.
The awards, which are based on research through meetings, interviews and conversations, are designed to honor top Chief Information/Innovation/Technology Officers who have excelled in such areas as Leadership, Innovation, Transformation, Industry Give-Back, Management of Extreme Growth and Legacy Leadership.
One of this year’s recipients, IBM vice president and CIO Jeanette Horan, was praised by her company for her work in overseeing IBM’s huge IT infrastructure as it supports the transformation of the company into a globally integrated enterprise.
Innovations under her guidance include Blue Insight, the world’s largest private cloud for analytics, which is helping to speed analytical processing for 200,000 IBM personnel.
Other innovations include a company-wide effort to discover new ways in which IBM can benefit from becoming more of a social business, and a Technology Adoption Program virtual lab for testing out IT innovations.
This year’s other recipients are:
- Puneet Bhasin, SVP & CIO, Waste Management, Inc. and President, WM Logistics
- Brian Bonner, VP & CIO, Texas Instruments
- Gregory Buoncontri, EVP & CIO, Pitney Bowes, Inc.
- Timothy Campos, CIO, Facebook
- Robert Dixon, SVP & Global CIO, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Donagh Herlihy, SVP eCommerce & CIO, Avon Products, Inc.
- Mario Leone, EVP & CIO, Ingram Micro
- Steve Phillips, SVP & CIO, Avnet, Inc.
- David Smoley, SVP & CIO, Flextronics International
- Randall Spratt, EVP, CIO & CTO, McKesson Corporation
- Ed Steinike, VP & CIO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Kimberly Stevenson, VP & CIO, Intel Corporation
- Carl Wilson, former EVP & CIO, Marriott International
- 5 Tech Trends We'll See More of in 2014
- SharePoint Conference Keynote: Releases and Roadmap #SPC14
- Navigating the Microsoft Forms Roadmap #SPC14
- The Future of Collaboration Isn't What It Used to Be
- Deep Dive Into Oslo and Office Graph #SPC14
- 5 Things to Lessen Your Anxiety About Big Data
- Does Dropbox for Business Have a Secret Weapon?