This week the Webby Award Nominees were announced. Presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, the Webby Awards honor excellence on the Internet.
Featuring categories like Best Viral Video, Best Video Remixes/Mashups, Best Social Networking, Best Personal Blog/Website and Best Mobile Entertainment, among others, the Awards aim to highlight the eclectic, niche and buzzy.
- The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody (Best Viral Video)
- YouTube Symphony Orchestra (Best Video Remixes/Mashups)
- Goodreads (Best Social Networking)
- Foursquare (Best Mobile Social Networking)
- Awkward Family Photos (Best Weird)
- Clouds 365 Project (Best Personal Blog/Website)
- Hulu (Best Broadband)
While Academy judges like Martha Stewart, David Bowie and Arianna Huffington will select Webby Awards winners, millions of people around the world will also help decide who takes home a Webby by voting in The Webby People's Voice Awards. Fans have until April 29th to vote at webby.aol.com.
All winners are announced in June, and recipients are obliged to deliver five-word speeches, which will also be broadcast on the Webby Awards YouTube channel.