The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Amazon vs Google: The Battle For Hosted Web Apps
. Now you host your web applications on Google’s servers and get all the benefits of a fully integrated application environment. With a catch...
* 4 More Superfly WordPress Plugins
. Now you too can market your blog with ease. With these WordPress plugins you can get control and results for no money, little work, and peace of mind.
* Autonomy Beefs Up Their IDOL Search Platform
. New features include drag and drop personalization, video indexing, and intent-based ranking among others.
* Mashups: No Longer for the Little Guy
. IBM aims to change the face of mashup and widget uses in business applications.
* Blog Or Die: The Health Hazards of Pro Blogging
. Bloggers and people with “real jobs” alike, need to maintain a balance.
* Social Marketing Makes Marketers Warm and Fuzzy
. The space between what is and what is perceived to be.
* Media Software Giant Atex Buys Polopoly
. Using Polopoly’s Content Manager to boost Atex's Digital News and Advertising program.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* SharePoint Web Content Management Licensing was Botched
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Business Analyst, Technology Architecture
* Manager, Corporate Strategy
* Manager, Information Technology
* Application Specialist
at Safeway, Inc.
* Web Content Manager
at Converse College
* Market Data Infrastructure Architect
at Morgan Stanley
* Internet Product Manager
at AT&T: The Berry Company