The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* CIOZone Study: Move to SaaS Model or Die
. Study shows that SaaS plays a significant role in the success and growth of companies.
* FaceBook Blogging Mania with Six Apart's Nifty FB App
. The new Blog It FaceBook app is double barrel publishing fun.
* News Aggregation - The Downfall of Web Journalism
. Does aggregation cheapen content or increase its value?
* Open Source – The Future of Software As A Service
. No longer is it just open source against proprietary solutions for better cost savings, it’s now SaaS against open source for the same reasons.
* Web Designers Get Officially Cushy with Their CMS
. CushyCMS officially enters the content management fray.
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
. If you’re looking for an easy to use alternative that doesn’t involve having to get a new hosting account, then Ning is your thing.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* SharePoint Web Content Management Licensing was Botched
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director of Content Quality
* Business Analyst, Technology Architecture
* Manager, Information Technology
* Director of Content
* Technical Data Architect
* Web Editor
at Smithsonian Magazine (online)
* Internet Product Manager
at AT&T: The Berry Company