We previously posted a tip sheet on Getting Started with SharePoint WebParts. Kindly supporting us in these endeavors, our dear friends over at MSDN have published a chapter from the book Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Inside Out.The chapter, Beginning Web Part Development, covers the following topics:
* Configuring Your Development Environment
* How Web Parts Work
* Starting a New Web Part Project
* Writing Web Part Output
* Adding Layout Controls and Content
* Manipulating SharePoint Objects
* Using the ASP.NET Event Model
* Exposing Custom Properties
* Using Web Part Tool Parts
* Providing a Design Time HTML Provider
* Assigning a Strong Name
* Deploying Custom Web Parts
Its an excellent resource for first time WebPart developers.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.