All the twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Web Redesign is Bad Strategy
. Considering a redesign? Cover your bases first.
* Lessons Learned by ConnectU vs. Facebook
. If you think you have a winning idea, make sure everybody signs a non-compete. Otherwise, you're just asking
for Facebook -- er, trouble.
* Update: Best Open Source CMS Award Nominees
. Could that coveted accolade be yours?
* Micro Publishing: Discovery Communications Acquires TreeHugger.com
. Congrats to the people who devoted their time and energy to this project!
* ad:tech Chicago: We Don't Have a Search Beast; We've Got an Ego Vacuum
. Missed ad:tech Chicago? Don't miss our coverage. Read more about growing tensions (and opportunities) between marketing and tech! It's a geek soap opera waiting to happen.
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of (if unique visits are anything to go by, anyway). Considering the open source CMS route? You're not the only one.
* Bye Microsoft CMS, Hello MOSS WCM
* Umbraco Means dot NET Open Source CMS
* Joomla Awarded Best Open Source CMS
* Homebrew is for Beer, Not Content Management
* The Best Open Source CMS