We're entering a big week in the IT industry -- especially for the silicon valley types. Oracle Open World kicks off today in San Francisco with keynotes from Larry Ellison and one of Oracle's two presidents, Safra Catz. We'll also hear from co-President, Mark Hurd, on Monday, Thomas Kilroy, Intel's General Manager, and Michael Dell and Larry again on Wednesday. It's quite a line-up.
Among Oracle's traditional DB- and ERP-centric topics, we expect to hear a lot about CRM and Social CRM, how Enterprise 2.0 is shifting the Apps business and of course, dear to our hearts, just what is next with the company's Fusion Middleware and Universal Content Management product space.
So, with all the forward looking statements the big boys 'n girls are about to grace us with, I thought it appropriate to consider 10 companies under $100 mil that are shifting the game.
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Oracle Open World
Even if you're not attending, this event probably effects your professional life in some way.
- Boosting Information Findability -- The Intersection of Content, Community and Commerce
Carl Frappaola unveils the latest information management lessons: how to make your information intensely findable.
- Is SharePoint 2010's DAM Good Enough for Your Organization?
If you're trying to get control of your digital assets, here's what SharePoint can do for you.
- IBM's New Customer Experience Suite -- Analytics, Social Software and Ecommerce
Beyond acquisitions, IBM now offers tools for multi-channel engagement and conversion.
- What is Information Management Agility?
Our editorial focus for September is how enterprises are learning to appreciate and better manage information. Here's the primer.
- Top IT Project Management Mistakes
It's never easy but here are some key tips on keeping your IT project sane and timely.
Most Popular Articles
These are the articles readers fancied most this week:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Released in Beta
See what's on the horizon for CRM, according to Microsoft.
- The Content Conundrum: Redefining Content Strategy
Corinne Schmid leads us on a reflection exercise. Do you understand Content Strategy?
- The Importance of Context: Why Enterprise 2.0 Still Fails to Deliver Value
Don't let the apparent inherent value of new enterprise 2.0 tools and culture fool you -- success is not ensured. Here's a take on why.
- A Week in Google: Instant Killed the SEO Star, Google TV Due in Fall
The flashy new Google Instant threatens to kill everything we've come to know about search engine optimization, but at least we have Google TV.
- 7+ Social Software Platforms for Enterprise Collaboration
A look at key software platforms leading the enterprise social movement.
- Web CMS Market Predicted to Hit $1 Billion in 2010
New research on the size and growth of the the Web CMS market is good news for most vendors. Others need to get their brand shaped-up -- if they want to play in the big leagues.
New Industry Job Openings
Here's what's been brewing for new jobs and career upgrades. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season in our industry job board.
- Business Systems Analyst at Adobe
- Marketing Coordinator at Nuxeo (Paris)
- Web Graphic Designer at USO (United Service Organizations)
- Sr. Web CMS Developer (Java) at BET NETWORKS
- Web Content Manager at USO (United Service Organizations)
- Copy Editor/Proofreader at Business Wire
- Senior Interactive Graphic Designer at NPR
- Content Manager at Expedia
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the coming months? Fear not, our Industry Events Calendar will keep you busy.
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht NL
- Oct 7, 2010 -- Forrester's Content & Collaboration Forum in New York
- Oct 13, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Chicago
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- Nov 2, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Berlin
- Nov 2, 2010 -- J. Boye Conference in Aarhus, DK
- ...view all events here.