Good Saturday to you all. En route from Amsterdam to New York, I bring you the latest news from the worlds of Web CMS, Enterprise CMS and related technologies.
Two events took place this week (something you don't want to miss next time). Firstly, HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht, the Netherlands. See my write-up of the event and get a taste of how gezellig and 12-inch high-heel awesome it was. P.S.: I also hope that #CMSGeekUpAMS continues.
My colleague Marisa Peacock went to Forrester’s Content & Collaboration Forum in Washington, DC. Check her coverage of the event here.
- AIIM: State of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) 2010. What's interesting is that there is no mention of collaboration as a reason to go after an Enterprise CMS.
- Percussion Releases Lightweight Web CMS for "Underserved Markets." Target audience for the new CM1 is “the market of pages and blogs,” or “the underserved market.”
- Alfresco Enterprise CMS Update Aims to Tickle the Fancy of Both Business and Developers. Alfresco has often been criticized for being too developer-centric, too heavily technical CMS. The company says this version is different.
- Has Records Management in SharePoint 2010 Improved Enough? MSFT is attempting to address three major problems in SharePoint 2007 records management with SharePoint 2010.
- This is Content Intelligence, According to 4 Experts. Seth Grimes looks through the eyes of four industry experts, examining the relationships between content analytics, smart content and business intelligence.
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Tablets, Slates, Pads and Content Management. What does this proliferation of a new class of mobile devices mean for the content management professional?
- OpenOffice Breaks from Oracle, Goes Libre. Developers of OpenOffice.org broke free of Oracle to create a modified version of the software called LibreOffice.
- Enterprise Social Media Becomes a Necessity. Blink and you will miss it. Waiver and your competition will beat you.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in October 2010. The latest news and grand plans from open source web content management and enterprise content management projects.
- 3 Ways to Customize SharePoint 2010 Document Sets. SharePoint 2010's new feature called Document Sets can be customized to make them more flexible and more adaptable.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Content Curator/Social Media Evangelist at WonderHowTo
- Digital Projects Editor at Des Moines Register Media
- Senior Content Publishing Lead at Microsoft
- Assistant Client Support Manager at Daydream
- Vice President of Portal Products at Synacor
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.